Sunday, May 22, 2011

Mango and Avocado Salad


When Champagne Mangoes are available, I buy them by the case and eat them any way I can. Mangoes and avocados go beautifully together in this salad, especially if neither is too mushy.

Though this recipe is supposed to serve 4, I ate the entire salad for my dinner.

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 mangoes, cubed
  • 2 avocados, cubed
  • 1/2 small red onion or a few scallions, chopped
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • OPTIONAL: chopped cucumber, crumbled feta cheese, chopped sweet red pepper

Directions: Mix everything together, eat, and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This salad sounds like one of those that I would also eat all of, maybe right out of the serving bowl.

    ReplyDelete