Hamburger Nestsmodified from “Simply the Best” Weight Watchers cookbook
Though we don't eat very much meat, this recipe is a family favorite. We especially enjoy the hamburger nests as snacks the next day.
12 slices of bread (whole-wheat or white)
1 pound ground beef or beef/turkey mixture
1 finely chopped onion
3 T bread crumbs
1-2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 minced garlic cloves
¼ t. pepper
½ t. salt
add other seasonings to taste
½-1 cup barbecue sauce (I prefer home-made sauce)
½-1 cup shredded cheese
- Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Place 1 slice of bread into each muffin cup, pressing firmly to mold into the shape of the cup.
- In medium bowl, combine meat, onion, bread crumbs, eggs, garlic, salt, pepper, spices
- Spoon meat mixture evenly into bread-lined muffin cups
- Top each with a dollop of barbecue sauce and a sprinkling of cheese.
- Bake at 350 until the meat is cooked through and browned, about 25 minutes.