I used to make these brownies a lot, but lost track of the recipe over the past years. I made it for the first time in over 15 years, and I remember why it is such a crowd-pleaser and cook-pleaser. It is very easy to make and is dairy-free.
1/2 cup oil
2 cups packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
· Heat oven to 350°F/175°C.
· Mix brown sugar and oil.
· Add vanilla and eggs.
· Stir in salt and baking powder.
· Mix in remaining ingredients.
· Spread in greased 9×13 pan.
· Bake 18-30 minutes until the top is semi-firm and the bottom is lightly browned. The brownies turn out great, even if they seem a bit mushy when they come out of the oven.
· Cut into squares after they have slightly cooled.