Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Upside-Down Peach Pudding Cake

We've loved the family fave "Chocolate Almond Pudding Cake", so I thought I'd try a new pudding cake recipe.  This one is astonishingly easy, and very satisfying.....and it looks good too!

1 T unsalted butter
1 c. white flour
1 c sugar (I used less)
1 c skim milk
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/8 t. salt
(I also added a little bit of almond extract.)
1 lb peach slices (I used ones that I had peeled, sliced, and frozen --recipe says you can substitute canned plums or peaches or cherries)

Preheat oven to 350.

Place butter in 13 X 9 baking pan and set in oven long enough for butter to melt.  Remove pan from oven, tilting this way and that to coat evenly with butter. (I did this in the microwave)

Next, add to pan, in order listed BUT WITHOUT STIRRING:  flour, sugar, milk, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Whisk or fork briskly just enough to combine -- batter should be lumpy.  Fold in frozen peach slices, distributing evenly.

Bake uncovered until nicely browned -- 20-30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment