I had some leftover Indian food from a dinner in Somerville with a friend, and Charlie and I wanted to eat it for dinner. We decided to supplement the aloo chole and rice with some Indian-flavored chicken. I loosely adapted this recipe from this one at the blog coffeemuffins.com.
Tandoori Chicken Marinade
- 2-3 tablespoons of plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric or curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cloves
- optional: coriander, ground chili pepper, garlic
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- a pinch of salt and a grind of pepper
Mix the ingredients together, until they form a smooth paste.
This makes enough for around 3 or 4 chicken breasts. We cut the chicken into bite-size pieces, but you could also leave the breasts whole. Cover the chicken with the marinade. Leave it to marinate for 10min - 2hrs (the longer you let it sit, the deeper the flavors.
Cook on the stove-top or on the grill (7min per side for a whole chicken breast, 3min per side for cut-up chicken).
Serve with basmati rice!